Saturday, April 19, 2008

When did I become my mom??

Like any mom or grandma, I love to show off my kids. So I decided I wanted to share some of my old photos and reminisce a little. I remember being a kid and my mom pulling out all the really old photos. There were so many and of people I didn't know, well at least of people I couldn't remember. My mom and her sisters would look at them every time they got together. I just couldn't figure out the appeal. Then there was my mother-in-law. She delighted most in driving to see all the old places. At the time I didn't realize how important it was to her. We use to joke about not wanting to go on a drive with her because we knew we'd be looking at an old house or even a cemetery. Now I get it and it must be my turn. These days I drive by my first married apartment and point it out to the kids. They look the same way I must have so many years ago. I have officially turned in to a mix of my mother and mother-in-law. Do you think it happens to us all?

No comments: