Saturday, April 19, 2008

Windsurfing in Maui


This is Sam after windsurfing in Hawaii (No that's not me in the background, I'm taking the picture). Maui is known for its great windsurfing and Sam just had to try. He's pretty good since he's been doing it for years. I wish I could say the same for me. After learning to keep my balance and lift the sail, things really got hard. As long as I could sail in one direction I was fine. It was turning around that gave me such fits. Usually I ended up in the water, turning the board around, and climbing back on. I saw Sam very little that day and when I did it was from a far distance. The instructor kept saying "He really should come back this way." I would just answer he's okay. Even though I spent most of my time watching Sam and swimming to my board, it was a great day. We are definitely going back. The only advise I would give . . . Don't forget to put sunscreen on the tops of your little white feet. LOL

No comments: