Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Trip Continues

The next morning we are up and at them late, real late. Since we were officially on vacation we slept in. Once we were finally up and moving we made our first stop at Wal-Mart. Isn't it great how you can find a Wal-Mart every where you go. We left Tyler around noon and headed for Tennessee. My mom had no idea we were coming. I had not said anything just in case plans changed. We spent most of the day driving through Arkansas.

The last time we drove from TX to TN was December of 2001. We had flown in to Dallas to watch the 49er's play the Cowboys. After the game waiting for traffic to thin, Sam suggested we drive to Memphis and watch the Liberty Bowl, BYU vs. Cardinals (by the way, both my teams lost). That particular year most of the AR was under construction so the drive was longer than you would expect.

We finally got to Jackson, TN around 9pm. We found a hotel and checked in. Not wanting to wait until morning we drove out to see my mom. I knew she'd still be up. I called her from outside of her door. We said the usually greetings and then she asked if I was in TX. I said no, but offered no further information. Finally she asked " . . . so where are you?" Smiling I answered, "Outside your front door waiting for you to let me in." She replied, "You're kidding?!?" It was a great surprise. We went and visited for about an hour or so.



























Here are some of the old pictures she got out for Sam to see. Can you guess who they are? Yep, the cute one is me. Next is me and my mom at a petting zoo. The last one is of my mom and her sister, Sue. I'm unsure of their age in this photo. Mom, if you're reading this, let me know how old you were.?



No comments: