Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Day of Thanks

Like most of you, I spent Thanksgiving with my family enjoying an abundance of turkey, stuffing, homemade rolls and too many desserts to count. I also, like most of you, said what I was thankful for. As the "thanks" went around the table, there were thanks for things like family, school, indoor plumbing, pie, and football. My thanksgiving was as typical as anyone could expect, but for me, it is the everyday common events that I am most thankful for. After having many "extremes" in my life, I am thankful that God has blessed me with the most pleasant, peaceful, uneventful days surrounded by people I love and who love me in spite of myself. God is truly mindful of me and my family. My wish for this Christmas season is that we all keep with us the spirit of gratitude we feel on Thanksgiving each and every day.


1 comment:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Looks like a great day! We are so excited to be back around everyone for next year's Thanksgiving. WE did have a good time with my sister at least!