Sunday, November 9, 2008

These are the last, I promise

San Diego has a maritime museum with several different ships. This one is a former Russian submarine. Before you board, there is sample of the size of hole you must be able to go through. I'm guessing it's there so you check your size before you get on the submarine and get stuck. 
This was the ship that was used in the movie Master and Commander with Russell Crowe. I never saw the movie, but I knew which one it was.

We also took a harbor cruise while we were there. It was a beautiful day, but a little cool out on the water. Katy decided to wear Cade's hat. I told her her head was too big, but she wouldn't believe me, lol.
Sam had his hands full with Brayden. He was constantly on the move. It was a good thing Brayden wasn't tall enough to lean over the rail by himself, we may have lost him.  Sam and Brayden saw every corner of that boat while the rest of us took it easy on the top.

This was part of a memorial to the soldiers who served on one of the ships. It listed every man and showed a the route the ship had taken while commissioned. I only wish I could remember which ship it was.
Quit that Kyle. Can you tell how large this statue is? Kyle is standing at the bottom of it. This is standing just next to the USS Midway.

1 comment:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

That statue is awesome! It is so huge, if you didn't have Kyle in the picture I would have never known it was so big!