Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Elder Christensen

After watching and reading about Russian troops moving into Georgia and Ukraine's position, I was starting to get a little worried. Then when I didn't get my weekly email from Chad yesterday, my worry increased a little more. Thank goodness I got an email this morning from him. They had zone conference yesterday. He is doing fine and did not mention the conflict at all. I know he has asked in the past to keep him informed on current events since they don't get the news, but I thought he would have known about Georgia being so close.   Either way, I was relieved to hear from him and that things are going well there. They have set a baptism date for September 14th. He is excited and is still working hard. Here is a piece of today's letter.
We did do some signboarding. We have some great pictures and new boards. I wll send a picture sometime. It works well, at the right time of day. It's really fun and we will do it again. It's kinda funny, people will go out of their way to see the sign, but don't want to talk. We do hand out pamphletes and invitations to church and English class. The sign has a picture of Christ with the children. The other is a picture of the Bible on one side of the world and the Book of Mormon on the other side. It looks really good. It asks the question What is the Book of Mormon and we do our best at answering this question. We were able to hand out one book, but the rest of the hour not so well. We did meet up with some of our members as well.
We have a new missionary, and he is doing great. It was funny because at the end of the meeting we did the one minute testimonies, and when it came to Elder Ray's turn, he asked in Russian or in English? It was kind of funny. I remember doing that.
With Love, Elder Christensen

1 comment:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm glad he's safe and doing well! He'll be home before you know it, under a year, wow!