Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kyle's First Day of Jr. High

Can you believe it. My baby has started Jr. High. Friday was the first day. It was for 7th graders only. The 8th and 9th graders go on Monday, then everyone starts on Tuesday. He gets home from school before I get home from work. I called after work to see how his first day was. He said it was great and that he had made 7 new friends. I asked who they were. The first two names were girls names and I thought uh-oh. Then boys names started to come. He went through each class and told me who he already knew and if the teacher "rocked" or not. Overall, his first day was a success. He found out how fast his lunch time goes. He said he spent most of the time standing in line with little time left to actually eat. While he was standing in line, he got a little nervous. His friend had brought money for lunch and he knew he didn't have any. Of course he didn't remember me giving a lunch money check to the lady in the office a few days before so he was concerned he had no money for lunch. He told the lunch lady his name, didn't know his number, and she smiled and said go on. Kyle was relieved to have lunch on the first day. He walks to school with two friends that live on our cul-de-sac. He laughed when he told me about how  "bad " their moms were Friday morning with their cameras. I laughed and said I'd have to get copies. So . . . as soon as I can get a copy of his first day at Jr. High, I'll add it to the post.

No comments: